In Greece people learn how to consume
their olives from their childhood, mainly through
the elder members of each family.
So this tradition passes from one generation to the
next for centuries now.
Here are some ideas on how you can enjoy your olives:
As a healthy appetizer/snack simply by
setting out a small plate of olives on the
dinner table along with some vegetable
• Accompanied with drinks
• Added in various types of salads and
basic components of the typical Mediterranean
• Served with bread/crispies
• The brine in which olives are packed can
be used as a replacement for salted water
Olive tapenade is a spread that you can
use as a dip, sandwich spread, or topping
for fish and poultry.
• Toss pasta with chopped olives, tomatoes,
garlic, olive oil and fresh herbs.
• Marinate olives in olive oil, lemon zest, coriander
seeds and cumin seeds
• Add chopped olives to your favourite
tuna or chicken salad recipe.